Design for a chair and/or table.
- Seating: The main material used shall be Beech wood, Oak wood or Walnut. Chairs may be upholstered to a greater or lesser extent, if considered appropriate and veneered board or plywood.
- Tables: The main material used shall be Beech wood, Oak wood or Walnut. Tables may be veneered board or plywood.
- The use of other materials such as metals, plastics, glass, etc. is allowed when complementary, structural or incidental to the above.
- All designs presented shall be new, not having been marketed or disclosed prior to the date of the Contest.
- Possible innovative features related to design, quality, technology, production processes, etc. and in general anything that adds value to the presented project.
- Possible adaptation to the product philosophy of Andreu World, S.A.
- Production costs and/or recovery.
- Functionality: fulfilment of the functions for which it has been designed.
- All-round simple and viable mass production possibilities.
- Possible versatility and suitability for development in occasional pieces such as stools, easy chairs, sofas, etc. in the case of chairs, and of different sizes and heights in the case of tables.
- Suitability to numerous ambiences and uses such as the home, contract work, etc.
- The presentation of a creative video explaining the project and/or showing the details and model of the design will be evaluated.
The competition is open both to design students and to professionals,without age limit.
Students or design professionals interested in participating can consult the Conditions and the Briefing via the “Contest | 18” menu.
Following registration, a personal file is created for each contestant. This file serves to identify the Contestant in the Contest Website during this year’s Competition and future editions.
Participants may only register themselves via the registration form available in our website. Participants may register only once. Registration is not transferable.
New participants may register by completing the form available via the Access menu in the website. Following registration, participants will be sent an email with a link to validate the registration.
Once registered, participants can identify themselves in the website using their personal password in order to consult and modify their personal data in the “Edit your data” section within the “Personal data” menu.
Participants may complete the Registration process for the Andreu World International Design Contest once they have obtained a participant number. Once you have identified yourself in the website, you can consult and request your participant numbers (for example: 20180001) in the Participant numbers section within the Inscription menu.
Each participant must request a participant number for each project presented. You can request as many participant numbers as are necessary.
Any designs which are not accompanied by the corresponding participant number as issued via the Andreu World, SA, website will be excluded from the Andreu World International Design Contest.
Any designs which are received accompanied by numbers which are not present Andreu World, SA database will also be excluded.
The inclusion of any personal information in the documentation submitted during the competition will also be reason for exclusion.
All material submitted must be identified with the assigned participant numbers.
- Technical report
- CD or USB
- Other material relevant to the project.
The following material must be submitted by each participant:
- A prototype of the proposed piece (scale 1:5).
- A technical report, to be presented on 2 to 4 double-space, single-face A4 typewritten pages. 8 ½ inches x 11 inches pages for projects sent from United States of America.
- CD or USB with plans, diagrams, sketches, reders or pictures from the model.
Particular consideration will be given to innovative contributions (based on a feasibility study), which help to increase the product quality. The following factors will be analyzed:
- Production costs.
- Compliance with the intended functions.
Designs must be submitted in such a manner as to facilitate their mechanized mass production.
All products must be original, i.e., they must not reflect previous designs.
The presentation of a creative video explaining the project and/or showing the details and model of the design will be evaluated.
The maximum video duration (*.avi) will be 2 minutes and should be created in widescreen format with a minimum resolution of 1080p (1920×1080) and maximum resolution of 2160p (3840×2160).
File size in avi format cannot exceed 1 Gb.
The video should be uploaded to the Andreu World contest website. Once identified, access the menu option “Upload video”, where you can upload the file, renaming it with the “participant number” (e.g. “20180001.avi”).