LOGO DESIGN CONTEST
In 2017, Gabrovo joined the network of creative cities of UNESCO as City of Crafts and Folk Art. The network was established in 2004 for supporting the cooperation between cities that have identified creativity as a strategic factor for sustainable urban development. At present, the network consist 180 cities from 72 countries that work together to put creativity and creative industries at the center of their local development plans and to cooperate actively at the international level.
Majority of the members of UNESCO Creative Cities Network have their own logos, which identifies them as unique cultural centers and provides visibility to their membership. This logo must be used together with the UNESCO logo under the rules established by UNESCO. The practice points that cities use different approaches to designate their belonging to the UNESCO Creative Cities Network: https://creativecity.gabrovo.bg/en/logo-contest-specifications/
More examples of graphical signs can be found in Creative cities for sustainable development (PDF, 15 MB).
Gabrovo is a city with an impressive history, a true guardian of traditional crafts and folk art, with specific genuine humour creatively adapt to modern times with a strong vibe for future development. These factors are fundamental for the development of the city through arts and culture. Local community respect and preserve the crafts as a cultural value and recognizes their potential for development in the fields of culture, economic and education.
The graphic symbol should represent Gabrovo as a favorable place for creativity, entrepreneurship and innovation. It must be recognizable, influential, original and flexible in its use. The new sign will be used in future communication campaigns and presentations, as part of the regulated use of UNESCO or as a separate graphic sign to identify Gabrovo as “City of Crafts, Folk Art and Creative Industries”.
You can find more additional information about the most popular cultural institutes in Gabrovo:
- Open Air Ethnographic Museum “Etar”;
- Museum of the Architectural Historical Reserve “Bozhenci”;
- Museum House of Humour and Satire;
- Gabrovo Carnival;
- Interactive Museum of Industry;
- Regional Historical Museum Gabrovo.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions of the public contest for the new logo of Gabrovo – City of Crafts and Folk Art are:
- The contest is open to Bulgarian and foreign individuals and legal entities and their associations;
- Individuals must be at least 18 years old on the date of submission the application;
- Authors should represent their own projects; if in co-authorship, all co-authors should be mentioned;
- Third parties must not own or have claims to any from the participants in the contest;
- Each author may submit up to three projects;
- Members of the jury are not allowed to participate in the contest;
- All projects must be created specifically for this contest and have not participated in other competitions before;
- The projects should not replicate existing logos and should not been published in any form before;
- The jury can recommend the winner for some corrections in the project, which will be discussed with him before the announcement of official results;
- The submitted projects will be used only within and for the purposes of the contest.
After the contest will be awarded the following prizes:
- 2500 BGN (1250 EUR) for winner;
- 500 BGN (250 EUR) two incentive awards.
The following jury will evaluate the projects:
- Nela Rachevic, deputy mayor of Gabrovo Municipality;
- Assoc Dr. Svetla Dimitrova, director of Open Air Ethnographic Museum “Etar”;
- Professor Georgi Yankov, director affiliate Burgas, National Academy of Arts;
- Mariana Prodanova, association The Fabric;
- Emil Mihov – producer, photographer and historian;
- Kiril Zlatkov – graphic designer;
- Boril Karaivanov – graphic designer.
The contest will go through the following stages:
- The specifications and regulations of the contest were published on November 22;
- Projects are submitted via e-form application from 12 midday on 2nd of January 2019 till 16:00 on 21st of January 2019;
- All eligible projects will be announced until 12 midday on 25th of January 2019, section “Participants”;
- The winner will be announced until 12 midday on 31st of January 2019, section “Winner”;
- Each participant will receive a confirmation e-mail, that his application has been received;
- If within two days is not received a confirmation e-mail, please contact the organizers — Velimira Hristova, Gabrovo Tourist Information Center, +359 66 81 84 06, email@example.com