26th Annual San Diego Latino Film Festival
International Poster Competition
BE THE FACE OF #SDLFF26
Media Arts Center San Diego’s San Diego Latino Film Festival is now accepting submissions for the International Poster Competition of its 26th edition, to take place from March 14 – 24, 2019. The competition is open to individuals, teams and design firms from around the world. Submit an iconic design that captures the essence of our annual celebration of Latino film, music, and art for a chance to be the face of the festival.
Our judges will be looking for innovative and creative designs that illustrate the San Diego Latino Film Festival’s tradition, as well as its forward-thinking and inclusive values. There is no cost to participate.
Top Prize: $1,000.00 dollars and promotional exposure in ALL festival related marketing materials
10 Finalists – 2 tickets to the 26th San Diego Latino Film Festival & limited promotional exposure
Artwork must be submitted by November 2nd, 2018.
A panel of distinguished judges (composed of artists, graphic designers, marketing professionals and art educators) will select the winning poster according to the following criteria:
- Unique, positive, and non-stereotypical representation of Latino Culture
- Clarity and originality of message
- Impact, memorability, and appeal to general audiences
- Versatility for application on various mediums (web banners, postcards, etc)
- Design (type, color, composition, craft)
- Artwork must be submitted in: JPEG, 18″ wide x 24″high, 72 DPI (RGB), max. 4 MB
- Top 10 Finalists are required to submit artwork in vector format, 300 DPI (CMYK).
- Design must state: 26th San Diego Latino Film Festival
- Design must include the festival dates: March 14-24, 2019
- Only original artwork will be accepted. Copyrighted characters, images or clip art will not be accepted.
- A brief description of artwork, artist’s name & nationality are required
Please review the guidelines below very carefully. Failure to adhere to any of stipulations made below may disqualify your submission.
Computer graphics, as well as paintings, may be used to compose the design.
Poster design must be digitally submitted via links below:
- FilmFreeway: https://filmfreeway.com/26SDLFFPosterContest
Your poster design will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Unique, positive, and non-stereotypical representation of Latino Culture:Important: Your artwork must be FREE of any generalizations about the Latino culture. This includes but is not limited to: stereotypical imagery, icons specific to one country, and uninspired stock visuals.Icons that may NOT be represented in the design include: chiles, nachos, skulls, papel picado, piñatas, cactuses, sombreros, etc.
- Clarity and originality of message:Our judges will be looking for innovative and creative designs that illustrate San Diego Latino Film Festival’s tradition, as well as its forward-thinking and inclusive values.
- Impact, memorability, and appeal to general audiences:Poster design must appeal to general audiences & corporate Sponsors (ALL age groups & gender). Design must NOT include: nudity, weapons, offensive imagery, and derogatory text. We expect artists to exercise their best judgement in making creative decisions.
- Design (type, color, composition, craft): Colorful designs are preferred.
- Versatility for application on other media: Design must be functional as it will be used in ads, catalogue, website and other marketing materials.
KEYWORDS TO GUIDE YOUR DESIGN:
- San Diego – Baja California Region
- Latino culture, movies, art, history, movement.
- Inviting, warm, joyful, connection, celebration.
- Modern, innovation.
- Passion, identity, family, home, memories
- Traditional, inclusive
- Honoring Latino Filmmakers, movies & actors
Media Arts Center San Diego’s San Diego Latino Film Festival shall have an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, worldwide license to alter, use, copy, exhibit, publicly display and distribute their submitted entry for any activity, reproduce and distribute to third parties that are associated or sponsored activities. Artists will retain all rights to their original posters art. Poster designer authorizes Media Arts Center San Diego to use all the components of winning artwork. By submitting a poster design to the San Diego Latino Film Festival, artist agrees that artwork is original to the designer. Failure to adhere to any of stipulations made above may disqualify your submission.