The Design Excellence Award recognises the best in commercial, residential and public design in Singapore and Asia Pacific, and endorses and celebrates the achievements of practitioners and even students alike.
Now in its seventh year, IDCS is bringing back 23 of its most popular award categories across two competition tracks: Interior Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) for practicing interior designers and firms, and Spatial Design Awards (SPADE) for students.
Shortlisted finalists of DEA 2020 will reap a host of benefits, including:
- Regional media publicity with media partners for select Awards categories
- Keynote speaking engagement for Designers’ Choice Award winner
- $2500 cash prize for the winner of the ‘Project of the Year’ category
- One ticket to attend the prestigious DEA 2020 Gala Dinner, with opportunities to meet the celebrity jury panel
- And other additional benefits to be announced
New to DEA 2020 will be the Interior Designer of the Year 2020 – Designers’ Choice category. The IDCS Council will nominate eight leading interior designers practitioners/firms that have a body of acclaimed ID projects in APAC that meet the hallmarks of design excellence recognised by industry peers in the region. This category is opened to public voting to choose the ‘Interior Designer of the Year 2020’, as one of the highest accolades to be bestowed within this industry.
The theme for this year is ‘Conscious Connections to our Community’ and should reflect pauses in time that provide visual delight in hectic and busy lives. Entries can be submitted through the https://idcs.sg/dea from now till 15 May 2020.