L A M P aims to introduce a broader audience to lighting design while promoting and connecting emerging talents to new markets. Each year the competition challenges designers to approach their lighting fixtures with the guidance of a theme.
L A M P is excited to announce its partnership with Design Milk moving forward into the 2019 International Lighting Design Competition. The 6th edition of L A M P is sending out a call for entries to designers worldwide to submit their designs to be juried by some of the industry’s top professionals. Top Ten Finalists from each category will be displayed at the annual L A M P Exhibition that opens IDS Vancouver Offsite in September 2019.
Submissions open October 1st and the deadline to submit is January 31, 2019. See 2019 Competition tab for details on guidelines and how to submit.
DOWNLOAD COMPETITION GUIDELINES:
2019 Theme: TEXTURE
October 1 – Submissions Open
Nov 1 – Judges & Prizes Announced
January 31 – Final Submissions Deadline
March 30 – Judging Process Complete
April 1 – June 1 – People’s Choice Voting Online
August 1 – Competition Finalists Announced
August 30-Sept 15 Finalists to ship fixtures to Vancouver for Exhibition
SEPTEMBER TBD – L A M P EXHIBITION AWARDS GALA
opens as part of IDS Vancouver OFF-Site events.
about last year’s competition:
OF PARTICIPATING IN THE L A M P COMPETITION
L A M P is a small organization that devotes itself to promoting and connecting emerging talents to new markets in lighting design. Our submission fees and sponsorships go directing into operating costs associated with the exhibition. This is an opportunity to showcase your work outside of the costly trade show environment yet within the support of community, as we open the exhibition as an IDS Vancouver Offsite event. Costs often associated with exhibiting at a trade-show range in the thousands to tens of thousands of dollars. For the cost of the submission fee and shipping of your fixture, participation in L A M P as a finalist affords you the following invaluable benefits:
- The opportunity for your design to be viewed and reviewed by the industry’s top designers.
- An online feature on the L A M P website for perpetuity. An annual advertising value worth hundreds of dollars.
- Your design being promoted through our newsletters and social media often more than once.
- Receiving high resolution photography from the event. One photo of your light is a value of $60+, outside of the costs of hiring a professional photographer.
- Inclusion in our Finalists press release that goes out through v2com-newswire.com, a value of $500 alone, outside of the cost of hiring a publicist.
- The opportunity to be featured through our wide-reaching press releases which often lead to published interviews with high-profile online and print magazines.
- Winner in all three categories will be included in a feature on the Design Milk website and inclusion in a winners’ gallery Instagram post.
- Participation in the widely attended, unique and engaging L A M P Exhibition. Costs associated with rental of space like this within a design fair run in the tens of thousands.
- Opportunity to be invited to participate in other design fairs worldwide.