Vision: Extreme Habitat Challenge pushes to explore habitat concepts that are responsible, yet brave to grow human civilization in synchronous with nature + technology + planet.
Design a concept habitat of 1,000 people within area of 0.5mi x 0.5mi, which is able to expand itself to 100,000 (2.5mi x 2.5mi) as needed/desired by the population moving in to the place. The challenge invites ideas that push the boundaries of design using innovative habitat working models, materials, technology, close to zero land costs, a nomadic yet rooted lifestyle.
This design exercise can be considered similar to colonizing a new earth with technology of today. The first 1,000 people prototype habitat will house all the three elements of human life in it – Live, Work and Play.
The first ever Extreme Habitat Challenge competition chooses two major cities (New York, USA x Mumbai, India), connected via the fastest mode of land bound transit (Hyperloop). This site peculiarly with a very less human population density, is a test bench for designing a new habitat will inspire how life should be in similar environments while balancing itself harmoniously between forces of nature.
You have to deliver an architectural outcome on the following site, based on the given issue outlines. The idea can begin at an issue or a program or the history.
- A maximum 8 nos. – 1880 x 2880 sheet in portrait digital format (JPEG)
- Answer 6 mandatory questions and 2 self formulated questions in the discussion section as given on the ‘additional materials folder’. This folder contains: Full resolution Map images, Hands on Literature of problem, CAD Drawing file of Site, FAQ Questions, Descriptive Criterion.
Minimum requisites in the sheets (For a complete submission):
- Site plan (Compulsory)
- Key conceptual sections x 1 (Minimum)
- 3D views x 4
- Cover image of size 2000 x 1000 px or larger in aspect ratio 2:1.
- Floor plans, images, sketches (if any) can be added to support the entry in the form of additional images.
- Use exploded views to discuss multi-leveled conceptual models better.
- Ensure that the final sheets which are submitted do not include your name or any other mark of identification.
- To learn about the best practices of submission refer to this pdf here. https://goo.gl/fmmcP7
- Plagiarism of any idea/form/design/image will be disqualified with a notice.
The submission of the entry has to happen on our submission portal at uni.xyz only with the format given on the website. No other mode of submissions will be accepted. In order to avoid last minute rush, plan and try uploading your entries prior to the submission deadline . Check this video tutorial of how to make the submission on the platform .
- The competition is open to all students and professionals (Worldwide).
- Minimum eligible age for participation is 18 years.
- This competition is open for both students and professionals.
- Team size is maximum of 4 members per team.
- All disciplines are eligible.
- Team: Teams with all student participants (with valid id’s required) will be categorized under student teams.
- Teams with even one professional participant will be categorized under professional team.